We at Broken Myth have decided it’s time to go on the hunt for more writers! If you love writing and enjoy playing Vainglory, this is your opportunity. Broken Myth has a long list of article ideas, and keeping them in the idea bin isn’t helping anyone!
About Broken Myth
Let’s get to know more about Broken Myth and our values before we jump into the detailed responsibilities:
- Ethics: Broken Myth’s only incentive to writing is passion. We all care for Vainglory. Writers do not receive money, meaning they’re purely volunteer. Dedication to keeping Vainglory in its positive state is required.
- Age: We do not look at age as a number. Instead, maturity and your writing techniques are observed. Students, teenagers, and even grandparents are more than welcome to apply!
- Key team principle: Every article is a team effort – we aren’t looking for lone wolf writers. Almost every article we’ve published has been through multiple hands, but we give all the glory to the person who wrote it!
- Maintain a positive presence on social media outlets. (Reddit, Twitter, in-game, forums, etc.)
As any writing position would, we have a set of responsibilities for each applicant. Please take note of them before applying:
- Vainglory: First and foremost, you must be familiar with Vainglory and its functionality. Our team of analysts, graphic designers, and general writers are always willing to help you out!
- Write articles for Broken Myth regularly. We don’t have a set schedule for each writer, so vacations and breaks are perfectly fine!
- Research your article topic including reading relevant blogs, forum posts, or other measures to stay up to date with your article topic.
- Article topics: There’s always a wide variety of article ideas, each with their own purpose to benefit the Vainglory community. We’re open to ideas, too!
- Editing, revising and reviewing work especially in response to feedback.
For your entrance application, choose one of the following:
- Support synergy article on Phinn, Lance or Lyra. Include which heroes he/she synergize well with and why. If you need an example to look off of, check out our our support synergy on Ardan.
- How to gain account XP the fastest. Measure and research each Vainglory mode to discover which mode gains you account XP the fastest. Include your math.
- The best way to increase team queue and solo queue synergy. Discuss hero comps, social pings, draft strategies, and anything else you feel is relevant.
All articles should be 1000-2000 words. Remember – you have full control over what you think is best. Write your article based on what you believe the community needs and what you see yourself writing. Screen your article for spelling and grammar mistakes.
Please email your IGN, server region, and finished article to email@example.com. If your submission is selected, it will be posted to the site and promoted on our typical social media channels (Reddit, Twitter, etc.) with full credit to you. Additionally, we’ll take you as a guest author at Broken Myth to see how we run behind the scenes. From there, you can decide if you wish to continue formally writing for us. Keep in mind multiple writers may be picked, but only one article will be featured on the site.
We look forward to reading your applications!
Latest posts by Sean (see all)
- Vainglory 4.0 Updated Top Hero Builds - February 25, 2019
- Vainglory Ylva Hero Reveal: Abilities, Talents, Builds - January 21, 2019
- Vainglory Magnus Hero Reveal: Abilities, Talents, Builds - December 9, 2018