Welcome to Broken Myth’s Vainglory Hero Tier List! Below you’ll find the meta picks for Update 3.7, curated by our team of analysts. For help on your itemization, check out our hero builds page. Without further ado, here’s the most up to date Vainglory meta.
Aye aye, captain! Update 3.7 welcomes a continuation of what recent updates have been shaping. Teams are prioritizing utility-based heroes in the jungle, top lane, and captain positions, while crystal mages fend off Yates’ heave and bottom lane attack damage carries push like SAW never could.
Watch Out For
- Grumpjaw has yet again been devouring 5V5 competition as a jungler and top laner. His dive-esque abilities coordinate well with Pulseweave, a popular item amongst the utility-based heroes. The innate tankiness from his heroic perk also yields a distinctive advantage when attempting to reach the backline to eliminate enemy carries.
- Anka is a priority pick in the middle lane, but she can also flex into the top lane or jungle. She’s able to trade damage well while farming and capitalize on heroes with low health. Her mobility also allows her to rotate efficiently throughout the map, which is vital when assisting allies and securing key objectives. On A side draft, pick her first; on B side draft, ban her first!
- Although her basic attack range was reduced in Update 3.7, Kinetic preserved her damage output. Additionally, due to her high mobility and incomparable trade damage, she has a safe time during the early farming stages of the game to acquire gold as fast as possible.
- Churnwalker has seen a substantial amount of preference in 5V5. Whether he’s playing as a captain or jungler, his kit requires coordination between the whole team, which makes for a difficult learning curve in solo queue environments. If your team works together well, he can be considered a priority pick.
- As the newest hero, Yates is in the spotlight right now as a priority pick and ban. As teams center their hero composition and itemization around utility, Yates’ natural kit allows him to double as a top laner and captain. Make sure you rotate frequently — Yates is designed to maintain a fearful presence throughout the map.
- Update 3.7’s meta revolves around traditional captains being played as utility-based top laners and junglers for several reasons. A captain who becomes underfed is objectively less impacted than a carry in the same situation. As jungle camps are taken with multiple allies, having high clear speed is less important. Moving into the middle and late game, a jungler’s role is to be on the frontline of the fight, absorbing damage that attack damage carries would otherwise fall to. These factors all add up to tankiness and utility being more valuable than damage on top laners and junglers.
- Pulseweave has seen a major purchase surge. It provides damage early on and allows the utility-based heroes to maintain their frontline positioning. These heroes, such as Churnwalker and Flicker, otherwise lack mobility in their kits.
- Weapon carries have necessitated lifesteal into their core build, be it Serpent Mask or Poisoned Shiv, due to the duration of team fights increasing as a result of the tankiness and utility. Breaking Point is usually coupled alongside either item to generate sustained damage.
- Slumbering Husk has become essential on most carries. By providing shield and armor, it can function as the sole defensive item when opting for four damage items. The active effect of countering burst damage also runs on a short cooldown, leaving no reason to ignore the purchase.
- All captains are viable when played with the right heroes. However, some synergize better with the heroes who are currently top of the line. This played a big role when the Vainglory Hero Tier List captain rankings were decided.
- Spellfire is popular on crystal mages, including Celeste and Skaarf, to counter the lifesteal that weapon carries are boasting by applying Mortal Wounds (66% effectiveness for healing, barrier, and fortified health) on targets. It also mitigates the effects of the captain items implemented in Update 3.4 that have become a staple for the utility-based heroes to purchase.
Let us know your thoughts on our Vainglory Hero Tier List! From accuracy to format, we review all feedback as a team. If you wish to view old Hero Tier Lists, you can do so here. Credit to those involved in this Vainglory Hero Tier List: