This week in Vainglory news, we have Vainglory Update 2.4, new skins, special events and a tutorial from our favorite Academy.
Vainglory Update 2.4: Reap Souls as Baptiste
As April comes to a close, the Fold grows bigger. Starting in Vainglory Update 2.4, you’ll be able to play a new hero and boast with new skins for Blackfeather, Flicker, SAW and Taka. Upcoming Double Glory Boosts highlight the Talents system which is soon to debut. All of this is bundled together with hero balance changes. For more, check out the official Update 2.4 notes.
‘Champion’s Fate’ blackfeather
Also coming with the next update is ‘Champion’s Fate’ Blackfeather, a Legendary skin with some huge changes.
- Blademaster’s Daughter ringed sword
- Black feather cape
- Bursting black feather attacks
- Winged dragon-head pauldrons
- Bladed armor and black leather pants
- Flashy violet and gold ability and attack effects
- Tumbling, spinning, feather bursting Rose Offensive
- Brand new ornate hearts for Heartthrob stacks
- New animations to accommodate new effects
The alternate fate lore also gives some great insight into Blackfeather’s mysterious background, so you’ll surely want to give that a read!
‘red lantern’ flicker
Remember that totally sweet ‘Red Lantern’ Koshka skin we got last year? Well, SEMC’s giving us another skin to add to the lineup, ‘Red Lantern’ Flicker. It’s an Epic skin meaning that it comes with some great eye candy to keep us drooling as the alternate fate lore will, too.
- Flicker is now an adorable pot-bellied red panda!
- Bamboo conical hat
- Paper lantern with festive red glow
- Brand new red smoke cloud effects
- Flame effect on Binding Light
double glory weekends
Here’s another thing we haven’t seen much of recently—Double Glory Weekends; and 4 of them. Use them to their fullest to garner up as much Glory as possible with the release of Talents* coming soon. Talents will initially be available exclusively through Glory. The Double Glory Weekends are listed below:
- Friday, April 28 – Sunday, April 30
- Friday, May 5 – Sunday, May 7
- May 12-14
- May 19-21
* Quick refresh – Talents are applied specifically to Brawl game modes like Blitz and Battle Royale. They allow you to use glory to upgrade hero’s abilities making them do new, crazy stuff. All this leads to some exciting, fun plays in already fun and fast paced game modes.
GAnkStars academy: atlas pauldron
GankStars Academy, known for pushing some great tutorials for Vainglory, has recently released a tutorial featuring Atlas Pauldron, a great item for mitigating damage against atrack speed reliant carries. Be sure to give it a watch and show them some support on their YouTube channel.
Thank you for dropping by this week’s News Roundup, and we hope to see you back next week for more!