After a week off from Vainglory8 last weekend at Mobile Masters, the action is back for split two of Autumn Season. There is a lot at stake this split — one more spot left remains open to represent NA at the World Championships in Singapore. TSM enters the split with momentum on their side after finishing split one strong and winning both portions of the Mobile Masters. After seeing success earlier in the year, Cloud9 has already locked in a spot for Worlds. The other two teams that have a good shot at claiming the last spot to represent NA are Rogue and Nova eSports, who have both shown their talent last split. On the flip side, we will see if Tempo Storm and GankStars can put points on the board to avoid the Challenger Battles. In-between are Hammers and Tribe who have star-studded lineups, but have not quite reached their full potential.
This week in Vainglory News, we have the Vainglory 5V5 beta access, a new Ra’dagio skin, a Halloween cosplay contest, SEA’s Infamous Gaming being acquired by an NA esports organization, a Guinness World Record for the world’s youngest winner of a major Vainglory tournament, and stellar community content. Read on to see what you’ve missed this past week in Vainglory News!
Welcome back to the Support Synergy series! This series focuses on all of the different support heroes available in the Halcyon Fold, and which heroes to pair them with. In previous entries, we’ve looked at Fortress, Catherine, Ardan, Adagio, Phinn, Lyra, and Grace. Today, we’ll be analyzing Baptiste.
Captain Baptiste, or “Captiste,” has been catching on as a popular captain selection since the summer, due mainly to his heavy crowd control (CC) and flex pick nature. While Baptiste doesn’t have the same beefiness as other captain selections like Lance or Phinn, he has a unique and flexible enough ability kit to make him useful in many team compositions.
This weekend we take a break from Vainglory8 action and move to Mobile Masters! Mobile Masters is a unique tournament which brings together different competitive mobile games, including: World of Tanks: Blitz, Power Rangers: Legacy Wars and Vainglory. It’s a large event that is sponsored by Amazon, held in Las Vegas, Nevada. At Mobile Masters, the Vainglory tournament is held in two different parts. Read on for the tournament format and full coverage of the action that went down!
This is a continuation from volume 1 of the Unwritten Laws series. If you haven’t read it already, be sure to do so now!
51. When people sell their builds after a match, they are either salty they lost the game or are making sure their top secret, totally not meta build doesn’t get copied. (*cough* Weapon Lane Petal)
52. Vox never leaves the meta—he only takes an annual vacation.
53. When someone reaches Vainglorious Bronze for the first time, there will always be that one person who says, “Congrats! Now onto Vainglorious Gold? :p”
54. You never care about Great Karma until it is gone.
55. Everyone else’s 5 hero talent chests: 2-5 awesome Legendary talents. Raid Boss, Piercing Shot … you name it, they got it. Your 5 hero talent chest: Rare!
56. If the duo party doesn’t fill for the solo queuer, strife WILL follow.
57. Want to know what type of player your captain really is? Ping “We need vision!” —
- A normal captain will pick up a few vision items.
- A stubborn captain will ignore you.
- A toxic captain will buy nothing but Scout Traps from then on.
- A sassy captain will recommend that you buy a Contraption.
58. Saying “Hoi PBE pls!” doubles your chances of getting into the PBE. Developers HATE this awesome trick!
59. Getting AFK forgiveness for a match you were losing is like having the professor cancel class on a Monday morning—an overwhelming sense of relief.
60. People in solo queue always want to get their comfort picks, even if it means they will get hard countered for first picking Krul. It is okay because they are on their comfort pick and will carry! Always assume positive intent.
It’s been brought to my attention that Mystery Chest Drop Rates are officially online and publicly available courtesy of SEMC (and Chinese gambling regulations–yay!).
With this information, we can better quantify how you acquire what you want from Vainglory Mystery Chests, what it may cost you, and what your realistic chances of unlocking your desired targets really are. As a quick disclaimer, I don’t take any stance on whether or not you buy Chests and/or Keys–spend your money as you please. That said, you should understand how you are spending your money, so let’s figure that out.
This week in Vainglory News, we have Vainglory Update 2.9, Fly or Die Baron, Churnwalker lore part 3, and modifications to the Vainglory community tournament system.
As Split 1 of the Autumn Season came to a close, we saw TSM reemerge as a force to be reckoned with. Several teams fell further away from a chance at the second spot to represent NA at Worlds 2017. This week was action-packed and showcased several outstanding series. The standings for the end of Vainglory8 Split 1 seem to tell the tale of which teams have a legitimate shot at claiming the second spot at Worlds in Singapore this December.
Week two provided some surprises to Vainglory8. Reza saw action for the first time, by Tempo Storm, and received his first win by Cloud9’s iLoveJoseph. Several teams continued to fall further behind in the standings. We also saw Nova’s captain Starboi step down, with Eeko taking his place. This limits their chances to earn the last NA spot at Worlds. Week two faced very stark differences between day one and day two. Catch up on the most recent week of Vainglory8 below!