Koshka has been a hot topic of discussion ever since her recent changes in patch 1.2.0. However, these changes didn’t create the monster, she’s just the puppet. The real genius is the player-base that has found success with her in the top tiers of competitive play. This article will cover a few of the basic differences between what they are doing and what you are doing. Continue reading
Hey guys! Today we’ll be doing something different with our live stream coverage, you can check in here to receive live updates about the stream.
This week’s stream is a special one with ShinKaigan taking advantage of the side bet he won with Zekent, and hosting the official livestream. This’ll be an interesting one!
UPDATE: The stream is now over, expect a recap this evening!
I’m a Krul main. I’m not embarrassed by that. I’m the first account (that I’m aware of) that played Krul to Pinnacle of Awesome. I want to show you a clip of a fight and try to break it down as best I can to help you understand why I do the things I do. Continue reading
Here are the best gameplay clips from the past couple of weeks, all on v1.2.0 (the Celeste release). You’ll find great plays by Adagio, Ardan, Koshka, Krul, Ringo, Joule, Glaive, and Skaarf. I hope you enjoy!
Now that we’ve had some time to play with Celeste and adjust to the changes to stutter stepping (RIP in pepperonis) it’s time to take another look at who’s hot and who’s not. Continue reading
Every few weeks there’s a stream that while I find interesting, I have a hard time recaping. This is one of those weeks. There weren’t the same huge reveals that we’ve seen in other weeks, but instead smaller, but still very interesting, tidbits of the future.
The stream started off with a review of the launch of the East Asian servers in Korea. The game was immediately big over there and they had a LAN party to celebrate its launch. The Ed came on to discuss the progress of the Android beta. Over 5k invitations for the beta have been sent out; when the beta first started last week, only a eleven devices were supported. Now there are forty-some.
They then went on to two somewhat small (but important) reveals. The first was a teaser of the splash art for the new SAWborg skin, shown below. Continue reading
If you have ever purchased crystal power items for your heroes, it’s important for you to understand how Broken Myth can impact your damage output. Broken Myth recently received a heavy revision with the release of Celeste (v1.2.0) and I believe it’s an overall improvement to the item. However, Broken Myth is widely misunderstood, both in how it works and when it should be purchased. As I’m writing this, there are multiple threads on the topic of Broken Myth on the front page of the general forums. My objective is to help everyone become much clearer on how to use it and when to buy it.
Hey guys, I’m going to do a little fact dump about the show matches at PAX EAST 2015.
- Both matches were shown on the Twitch MainStage to an unknown number (thousands?) of people. The first match had over 20k viewers via the twitch.tv/twitch channel and another 10k via the twitch.tv/vainglory channel. This is likely one of the largest audiences the game has had behind the iPhone 6 Keynote and iPhone 6 ad.
- The matches were the first live displays of multiple features: skins, spectator mode, and Android.
- A total of eleven unique heroes of thirteen were shown off in the matches by eight players. The only excluded heroes were Adagio and Joule.
- Catherine was the only hero played twice, both times by LadyWabeesh.
- SAW would’ve have been played twice, but at the last moment Ms Vixen switched to Petal.
- The Day 2 match went nearly forty minutes long and included four Kraken unleashes, and 5 Aces.
- Every true-carry was represented. Adagio being the only unrepresented semi-carry.
- One skin was used. SAWborg by Zekent on day 2.
- On day two there were no tanks on Shin’s team, even though there were two possible ones (Koshka and Krul). But on day one there were two, Glaive and Ardan.
Hi Halcyon Foldians! I’m AdyEndrus and today I’m bringing you a quick summary of the Vainglory 1.2.0 patch update. This summary will try to make sense of the latest patch notes, and can bring you up to speed if you haven’t played the game since the changes.
The big thing development wanted to focus on this patch was creating Crystal Power carries. It’s an underlying (or blatantly obvious) theme running throughout the patch notes. As we move through I will make few comparisons and have some general opinions or feedback for some of the changes. Continue reading