Hello and welcome back to Broken Myth! In this series, we are going to take a quick look at the drastic changes in the Crystal Power (CP) item path dropped in Update 2.9. We saw the addition of 2 items, Broken Myth stripped of it’s passive and a rework of Clockwork. This article will focus on Clockwork and how compares to the previous version. Let’s dive in and find out if this time warping device is better in the future or the past.
The newest addition to the Vainglory hero roster is Lorelai, a backline mage support who carries her team through all three lanes at the same time! Well, not quite yet… Lorelai debuts in Update 2.10 to shine in zone control and team utility with a clam full of crowd control. Broken Myth is here with the full scoop on Lorelai’s abilities, talents, best builds and key tips to hold the most air while submerged in the 2.10 meta!
As we head into the second week of split two, the action heated up! This week GankStars was able to place on the board by taking a game off of Rogue. TSM also had to play their substitute, LuckyBread, with VONC being unable to play. Additionally, this week once again held major consequences as teams fought to claim the last available NA spot for the upcoming Vainglory World Championship.
This week in Vainglory News, we have a new hero / skin teaser for Update 2.10, a new Cagefighter Ardan skin, and stellar community content for Vainglory 5V5. Read on to see what you’ve missed this past week in Vainglory News!
After a week off from Vainglory8 last weekend at Mobile Masters, the action is back for split two of Autumn Season. There is a lot at stake this split — one more spot left remains open to represent NA at the World Championships in Singapore. TSM enters the split with momentum on their side after finishing split one strong and winning both portions of the Mobile Masters. After seeing success earlier in the year, Cloud9 has already locked in a spot for Worlds. The other two teams that have a good shot at claiming the last spot to represent NA are Rogue and Nova eSports, who have both shown their talent last split. On the flip side, we will see if Tempo Storm and GankStars can put points on the board to avoid the Challenger Battles. In-between are Hammers and Tribe who have star-studded lineups, but have not quite reached their full potential.
This week in Vainglory News, we have the Vainglory 5V5 beta access, a new Ra’dagio skin, a Halloween cosplay contest, SEA’s Infamous Gaming being acquired by an NA esports organization, a Guinness World Record for the world’s youngest winner of a major Vainglory tournament, and stellar community content. Read on to see what you’ve missed this past week in Vainglory News!
Welcome back to the Support Synergy series! This series focuses on all of the different support heroes available in the Halcyon Fold, and which heroes to pair them with. In previous entries, we’ve looked at Fortress, Catherine, Ardan, Adagio, Phinn, Lyra, and Grace. Today, we’ll be analyzing Baptiste.
Captain Baptiste, or “Captiste,” has been catching on as a popular captain selection since the summer, due mainly to his heavy crowd control (CC) and flex pick nature. While Baptiste doesn’t have the same beefiness as other captain selections like Lance or Phinn, he has a unique and flexible enough ability kit to make him useful in many team compositions.
This weekend we take a break from Vainglory8 action and move to Mobile Masters! Mobile Masters is a unique tournament which brings together different competitive mobile games, including: World of Tanks: Blitz, Power Rangers: Legacy Wars and Vainglory. It’s a large event that is sponsored by Amazon, held in Las Vegas, Nevada. At Mobile Masters, the Vainglory tournament is held in two different parts. Read on for the tournament format and full coverage of the action that went down!
This is a continuation from volume 1 of the Unwritten Laws series. If you haven’t read it already, be sure to do so now!
51. When people sell their builds after a match, they are either salty they lost the game or are making sure their top secret, totally not meta build doesn’t get copied. (*cough* Weapon Lane Petal)
52. Vox never leaves the meta—he only takes an annual vacation.
53. When someone reaches Vainglorious Bronze for the first time, there will always be that one person who says, “Congrats! Now onto Vainglorious Gold? :p”
54. You never care about Great Karma until it is gone.
55. Everyone else’s 5 hero talent chests: 2-5 awesome Legendary talents. Raid Boss, Piercing Shot … you name it, they got it. Your 5 hero talent chest: Rare!
56. If the duo party doesn’t fill for the solo queuer, strife WILL follow.
57. Want to know what type of player your captain really is? Ping “We need vision!” —
- A normal captain will pick up a few vision items.
- A stubborn captain will ignore you.
- A toxic captain will buy nothing but Scout Traps from then on.
- A sassy captain will recommend that you buy a Contraption.
58. Saying “Hoi PBE pls!” doubles your chances of getting into the PBE. Developers HATE this awesome trick!
59. Getting AFK forgiveness for a match you were losing is like having the professor cancel class on a Monday morning—an overwhelming sense of relief.
60. People in solo queue always want to get their comfort picks, even if it means they will get hard countered for first picking Krul. It is okay because they are on their comfort pick and will carry! Always assume positive intent.